Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration
The U.S. Fire Administration reported 740 fatalities in home fires from 2009 to 2011. In most instances, simply using flameless candles or removing the lint from the dryer vent would have stopped the fire damage before it started. Here are a few things to bear in mind when you are thinking about fire damage restoration in your home or business: prevention, and repair.
Fire Damage Repair
Fire damage repair is an activity that starts as soon as your local Fire Department declares the property safe. You want the expertise of a company that handles smoke, water, and fire damage since these types of damages occur in a fire where you need professional equipment to handle it
Five things that you as the property owner can do after the fire:
- Call us right away at Quality Cleaning and Restoration, DKI+1(413) 586-6060. You’r re going to need a team of professionals on your side!
- Get air circulating through your property. Open all of your windows to get the smoke moving out.
- Take your family and pets to another location. Inform your neighbors about your emergency. Call a friend to make living arrangements until the restoration is complete.
- If power is unavailable dispose of any perishable items in the freezer and refrigerator. Remove or leave the refrigerator door opento avoid odor buildup inside.
- Take inventory of your home’s contents. List everything that needs to be replaced. Document the damage with pictures as you will want copies for your insurance carrier, the Fire Department as well as for your own records. Make several copies and keep them handy if you need them.
Five Things to Avoid.
Our fire restoration specialists have the correct safety equipment to get the job done to reduce risk and exposure.
Listed below are five fire damage cleanup tasks you will want to avoid doing because of the risk of hot ash, toxic gases or structural safety concerns:
- Do not try to clean the walls, trim, furniture or porous absorbent surfaces.
- Stay off of and do not move upholstered furniture.
- Do not eat any food or canned goods that were near, in or around the blaze.
- Do not activate HVAC systems such as the air conditioner or the furnace. Electrical damage and harmful gases risk reigniting the fire or entering the ventilation systems, putting your family at risk after the restoration is completed.
- Avoid running appliances or other electronics like your refrigerator, washer and dryer, dishwasher, tv, stereo or your computer, until one of our professionals has cleared the site and indicates that it is safe to operate.
Restoration is foundational when rebuilding after fire damage. Keep Quality Cleaning and Restoration, DKI’s phone number with your emergency numbers and call us if you find yourself overwhelmed with the aftermath of a fire.
We will work directly with your insurance carrier after you have filed the claim to make sure your project is done seamlessly and that you will get back to a normal life as soon as possible.